Your dreams to visit the “Land of the Rising Sun” is within reach. For Filipino Tourists who plans to travel in Japan, here’s a list of requirements that you should have and must keep in mind.
1.) PHILIPPINE PASSPORT
Make sure that your Philippine Passport have the following qualifications:
- Should have at least 6 months validity – Tourists will not be allowed to exit the Philippines or enter Japan if their passport’s validity is shorter than six months. This is the standard immigration practice so take note of your passport’s validity.
- Should be in good condition – Passports that are broken and unreadable will be rejected.
- Should have a signature – The signature line in the new 10-year passports are found on page 3 (the page opposite the bio page.) This is just below the big Philippine flag image. In older e-passports, the signature is digitally encoded on the actual bio page.
- Should have at least 2 pages – The Japanese embassy puts a sticker to a page on your passport. Meanwhile, the Japanese immigration adds an entry sticker on another page upon arrival.
2.) JAPAN VISA APPLICATION FORM
- Visa application in handwritten or computerized form will both be accepted.
- Make sure to not leave any field blank. You may write N/A if a field is not applicable to you.
- Don’t use pencil or erasable pens. Use a black pen or font instead.
- When printing the form, the only paper size allowed is A4. No legal (long) and letter (short)
- Avoid erasures by writing clean and legibly. Do not use correction tape or liquid paper.
- You may also ask an accredited travel agency to help you fill up the form and where to download it.
3.) ID PICTURE
- Take note of the size: 4.5cm x 4.5 cm or 2 x 2 on white background
- Photo should at least be taken within the past 6 months.
- At the back of the photo, write your complete name and birthday.
- Do not staple the photo. Paste it on the designated area of the application form instead.
4.) BIRTH CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY PHILIPPINE STATISTIC AUTHORITY (PSA)
- Birth certificates older than 1 year are not accepted. It should be issued from PSA Main office or Serbilis Outlet Centers nationwide.
- In case the birth certificate is marked LATE REGISTRATION, you are required to submit Baptismal certificate, School Record (Form 137), and School Yearbook (if applicable). The address of the church or school must be indicated in the documents.
5.) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY PHILIPPINE STATISTIC AUTHORITY (PSA)
- This is only valid and required for married applicants.
- Marriage certificates should be issued within the past one year from PSA Main office or Serbilis Outlet Centers nationwide.
5.) JAPAN DAY TO DAY ITINERARY
- This contains the day to day schedule of your Japan Trip.
- Sample formats are available online or you may ask your trusted and accredited travel agency provider.
- Itinerary should be printed on A-4 Size paper.
6.) BANK CERTIFICATE
- Must be addressed to Japan Embassy and issued 1 month prior to the visa application.
7.) UPDATED INCOME TAX RETURN
- The ITR should be a clear copy, must be updated and issued within 1 year.
AFTER THE VISA APPLICATION:
- Processing time is usually 5 to 7 working days. Be patient in waiting for your results. Good luck!
Do you need our help when it comes to Japan visa processing and visa processing of countries as well? Get in touch our visa officers for an expert advice, message us now!